I have an awesome recipe that is perfect for brunch, breakfast…or a lunchbox snack.
These easy banana nut muffins will have you and your family jumping for joy. They’re super yummy and as promised, easy to put together!
Quick Tip: Please use very ripe bananas, this will create a moist, sweet, and flavorful muffin. So those bananas that you were going to throw away…or going to let go to waste use them here, please!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
1cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 granulated sugar
2 1/2 TBSP cold butter, cubed
1 1/2 TBSP raw sugar
1 tsp ground sugar
- Place everything except the raw sugar into a food processor and pulse until small crumbs form.
- Mix in raw sugar and set mixture aside.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, chopped pecans, and salt together.
- In another bowl add measured sugar, oil, buttermilk, sour cream, eggs.
- Thoroughly mash bananas with the back of a fork, add to your wet mixture.
- Add the dry mixture to your wet mix and gently fold/mix together just until to all comes together. Do not over mix.
- Fill your muffin liners 3/4 of the way full, sprinkle crumb topping on.
- Bake at 375 until toothpick comes out just about clean…just a few crumbs on the toothpick is okay. My large muffins took about 28mins in the oven. Enjoy!